WTS: Paracord lanyards. 1 color = $8. 2 colors =$10

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell!' started by zachparis15, Apr 29, 2015.

1. zachparis15

zachparis15 New Member

ImageUploadedByParacord Forum1430315736.892414.jpg ImageUploadedByParacord Forum1430315756.462105.jpg ImageUploadedByParacord Forum1430315770.391666.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015
  2. Deek550

Deek550 New Member

Hello,

I like the lanyard where the loop is two colors. Having the ends melted together where you did may be a cosmetic eye-sore or a potential uncomfortable annoyance. You may consider getting a break-away barrel connector. The great thing is, you wouldn't even have to start over, simply cut and insert the lights and tight a small knot. Also makes the lanyard easy to connect/disconnect & wear.

3. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Good point. I can see where that could get uncomfortable.

4. zachparis15

zachparis15 New Member

I see what you are saying, but I wear one around my neck everyday and I hardly even notice. You are right that it doesn't look very good, but a lot of the time people don't even notice.

5. BYork

BYork New Member

When you are selling your products you want them to be as quality as you can make them. Using brake away barrels may make you stand out compared to other products. If yours stands out in quality and options more people will buy.:)

6. BYork

BYork New Member

I accidentally posted this on your other thread so that's why they sound the same haha!

7. zachparis15

zachparis15 New Member

I make custom paracord products. I give you options on what I can make, and then I make exactly what they ask for. I am a freehand worker so some people like the more rugged factor of the burn mark. I know that a lot of people wouldn't like it but I think it's up to the customer.

8. bigtexprepper

bigtexprepper New Member

Well I sell to a lot of high school students into my area and there lanyard must have a break away barrel or they cannot wear according to school policy

9. zachparis15

zachparis15 New Member

I am selling to high school students too, because I am a high school student myself and they don't really care. But I am from a small town where a lot of people like the more rugged factor

10. Deek550

Deek550 New Member

Interesting. I imagine that is for safety purposes obviously. But, I'd rather have the lanyard break away at the break away buckle than well a worse alternative.

There are two types that I can think of that work great.
    The barrel type and a flat break-away buckle
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=B00VAVPWOC

http://www.amazon.com/Safety-Releas...TF8&qid=1430485485&sr=8-1&keywords=B00DL1OI8A

From there, it may be a matter of preference.

In the end, if increasing the cost slightly, and providing a better product leads to more sales, I'd imagine that to be a great result.

11. zachparis15

zachparis15 New Member

I think those are nice but I think it would be more comfortable with just a little burn mark than with a breakaway buckle

12. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

It's more about safety than being comfortable.

You wouldn't want someone getting hurt from wearing one of your lanyards.

If you ever want to sell online you need to offer the barrel clasps so that way you give the impression that you care about safety and the customers well being.

13. zachparis15

zachparis15 New Member

I don't know how anyone could get hurt by wearing one of my lanyards just because of a little burn mark

14. bigtexprepper

bigtexprepper New Member

Its not the burn mark that's hurts if the lanyard gets stuck anywhere and then yanks on someone's neck that could cause injury that why everyone wants break away barrels so that it (BREAKS AWAY) when someone yanks on it to or god forbid gets caught in a circular saw in woodshop just an example that's why when I went to high school our lanyards could not be modified in any way in other words tiring knots in them cause the break broke been there done that haha not funny I got sent home from school one time for having my own lanyard BUT with the break away barrel this makes my lanyard legal to all schools dress code maybe you should check it out plus I don't think the burn mark is very appealing at least not to my customers

15. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Now do you understand what we're trying to say zachparis15 after bigtexprepper last post?

16. BYork

BYork New Member

We're just trying to help because we've been doing this for a while and know what people have issues with. We just want you to be as successful as you can my friend!

17. zachparis15

zachparis15 New Member

Well I decided to buy some today and I think that you guys made a good point, but a lot of my customers really don't care about the little burn mark. I will be offering it as an option for them now that I have some.

18. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Your current customers don't mind the burn mark but you should work on melting the ends without making a burn mark.

If you want to expand into trade shows, businesses, etc you will need to perfect the melting of the cord without a burn mark.

I don't want you to get the wrong impression that I'm trying to tell you what to do or that there is something wrong with your products. I'm just trying to help you on your way to becoming a successful paracord business.

The advice that is in this thread I wish it was told to me when I started out.

I made decent money doing this and I plan on making more money once I get my new business off the ground. That way I have my new business for the spring, summer, and early fall and then sell paracord all winter long.

19. zachparis15

zachparis15 New Member

I understand that you are trying to help and I thank you for that, but for now I am just trying to sell stuff to friends, family, and people who like my FB page. I am not really trying to make a big business out of this because I am still in high school. I am just trying to make a little cash and then maybe expand when I get out of highschool.

20. zachparis15

zachparis15 New Member

But seriously, thanks for all the advice