What is this and how do I do it

Discussion in 'How To' started by knottymommy, Mar 15, 2015.

1. knottymommy

knottymommy New Member

I know it's a cobra weave but how do I get it to curve? Also how do I make the lop at the end? It tying it at the top just like making the second buckle

[​IMG]

2. dylan_chase149

dylan_chase149 New Member

I believe they have just twisted it so you can see both sides i don't know how you could keep it like that

3. Sean_Peterson_Projects

Sean_Peterson_Projects New Member

It looks like the maker took the core strands out and just used the outer core too

4. Deek550

Deek550 New Member

I agree, it does appear that way. It does give it a nice flat/sleek look, but you lose out on that additional utility that the inner strands could potentially provide if ever needed.

What is it connected to? Round Silver thing?

5. knottymommy

knottymommy New Member

It's a pacifier holder

6. AndyWitts

AndyWitts New Member

Twisted

I once made one twist by accident. It was actually the project that started me off. When you make the square knots do one left then one right rather than always doing the same side as in traditional 'cobra' weave. It will naturally twist then, if that's what you want. The look is slightly different but not by much.

Note: this is my first post and so far I have only completed 3 projects. All in all I am very new at this so if my terminology is wrong or confusing, I apologise.

7. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

It looks like the maker is just showing you bith sides of tge project.

If you want it to twist Google paracord DNA key fob. I make those and it very easy to make. (I never made what is in the pic. I'm talking about the paracord DNA key fob)

The loop at the end is more than likely the core of the whole thing. Exampke making a bracelet without a buckle.

8. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

To get the twist you start off with a Cobra weave but instead of switching sides you keep starting the knot on the same end. After a few knots you will notice that the weave is starting to twist. The longer it is the more twists you have, the shorter the less twists. 8 inches or longer looks better.