Paracord Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I'm a frayed knot...
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few full tang knife blades I want to wrap, but I don't necessarilly want to do just a boring wrap.

Does anyone have any good weaves or techniques they could share?

I've Googled some wraps and found a couple I like that I may try.

I just want something functional and relatively unique...

I like this one a lot.
Looks unique and functional.

Attachments

·
2,201 Posts
That's a nice wrap.

·
ermahgerd perrkerd
1,098 Posts
That one is pretty slick, never seen it before. What knives are you wrapping? Might give us a better idea of what would look better/be more functional.

·
I'm a frayed knot...
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What knives are you wrapping? Might give us a better idea of what would look better/be more functional.

I got a few of those cheap Chinese full tang knives. You know, the ones stamped out of cheap "Stainless" with a quick pass over a grinder to give it the appearance of an edge? Kind of went on a buying binge over the summer...

I also have a couple blade blanks a friend gave me I may try my hand at...

·
I'm a frayed knot...
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Time to bump this up...

I picked up an EOD Breacher Bar last week. It's essentially a pocket pry bar made from 1095 steel with an unsharpened edge and chissel front.

I decided to try to replicate the above wrap on it:

The back side is plain, though (I couldn't figure out a way to make the loops work on both sides....)

Still, it feels good in the hand...

·
2,201 Posts
How do you like that EOD BB?

How was the shipping?

When I was looking for a pocket pry bar that one was in my top 3 of choices.

·
I'm a frayed knot...
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got it off eBay for $22 shipped.

Shipping from County Comm was somewhere in the $6-7 range IIRC, so I went looking for a better option.

I like it. A lot.
It's quite stout and feels good in the hand.
We have some crates coming in at work this week and I plan on using it to pop them open.
It certainly looks like it'll handle the task.
Heck, I may even try battoning some wood with it, just for kicks.

Not sure if I want to sharpen the edge on the side, though. I generally have two to four actual knives on hand at any given moment and I don't think I want to risk cutting myself with this, especially since I haven't made a sheath for it yet.

·
2,201 Posts
I feel the same way if you have a good knife then it's no point in sharpening the EOD.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got two, one a buddy of mine sharpened, I just did a simple cord wrap around it. I'll get pics later if I remember!

Sent from my iPhone using Paracord Forum

·
2,201 Posts
View attachment 983

I'd consider double wrapping the handle to give it a bit more girth. It's a little skinny for my liking. But it's a solid piece of kit. I plan on making a kydex sheath as one of my first kydex projects once I acquire all the tools for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Paracord Forum
I've seen sheaths on eBay.

·
ermahgerd perrkerd
1,098 Posts
This one was very easy. This is one of the custom knives HardcoreSlot made me, it is cut out kinda like an Esee Izula. Sorry, I don't have the pic on my phone anymore so I had to screenshot my instagram page lol.

Attachments

·
2,201 Posts
Is that your current EDC pistol?

·
2,201 Posts
For work. Usually a G19 is on me though. That was bought to ride in my pocket when necessary.
How comfortable is that for pocket carry?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a few full tang knife blades I want to wrap, but I don't necessarilly want to do just a boring wrap.

Does anyone have any good weaves or techniques they could share?

I've Googled some wraps and found a couple I like that I may try.

I just want something functional and relatively unique...

I like this one a lot.
Looks unique and functional.
I like this one I just wish I knew how to do it:

·
Registered
49 Posts
They're just varying types of Turks head knots. Just google Turks head knot and you will find loads of tutorials. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts