Walmart paracord

Discussion in 'General Paracord Discussion' started by knottymommy, Mar 19, 2015.

1. knottymommy

knottymommy New Member

Anyone know what type this is? It's a 7 strand but doesn't feel like my other cord

2. Deek550

Deek550 New Member

Hello Knottymommy,

I have seen Paracord at Walmart from the do-it-yourself kits to finished bracelets. While they are cheaper, the quality appears to be less than the regular #550 we all may be accustomed to using. I think it is imported from China. The cord feels like it runs a little flat, but that was from my experience. If you were looking to acquire locally, I would check out your local craft store. You may find better quality or wider selection. Online always appears to have the best selection if you can deal with waiting for delivery.

3. Sparky_D

Sparky_D I'm a frayed knot...

I needed to finish some bracelets and ran out of silver.
    I grabbed a couple hanks from Walmart to complete them.
    Definitely not the same quality as what I get from Mr. Paracord or Paracord Planet online.
    It feels stiffer and thinner and the color is shinier. 99% sure it's from China...

Good in a pinch, I suppose.

4. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

It's one of the better Chinese knockoffs I've seen for paracord.

5. bigtexprepper

bigtexprepper New Member

I guess its good for my kids to make things with but I personally have to go with 100% American made I definitely want something that's gonna come thru for me in a pinch but with that also being said the stuff from Walmart us shinier and does catch customers eyes

6. TheVanguard2015

TheVanguard2015 New Member

Walmart, as well as many other types of cord, are made of polyester and not nylon. All us made cord is nylon and has a completely different feel to it. Nylon cord also burns a lot better.