Suggestions please

Discussion in 'General Paracord Discussion' started by kardar2, Mar 17, 2015.

1. kardar2

kardar2 New Member

I use a plastic grocery shopping bag to tote my cord and supplies. The scissors rip the bag and my cord is just one big ball of tangled mess. I was thinking of a plastic tote or cloth tote bag. But what should I do to keep the cord from tangling. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Sparky_D

Sparky_D I'm a frayed knot...

I coil mine up and hold them with keepers I make from scraps:

[​IMG]

I use cross knots to form the loops, then a two strand diamond knot in the end:

[​IMG]

Multiple cross knots allow me to adjust the diameter to fit the hank I'm storing...

3. steven60

steven60 New Member

Get a plastic bin and just coil up you're extra pieces throw em all in together .I use a smaller plastic container for hardware like scissors , buckles and whatever else but it all goes in the same bin

4. knottymommy

knottymommy New Member

I put mine in old baby wipe containers lol

5. bigtexprepper

bigtexprepper New Member

Knottymommy I do the same lmbo ..nothing wrong with recycling:)

6. kardar2

kardar2 New Member

My daughter nlaw is getting ready to have a baby ;)

7. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I'll coil the cord into a bundle and take the ends and tie a loose knot around the bundle. I store the bundles in a cardboard box that I got when my AT&T U-Verse box and Internet was installed which was almost two years ago.

For tools and hardware I use a plastic pencil box from Walmart, Target, etc.

8. BYork

BYork New Member

Just got this bag at a gun show I went to for only $20 I think it's one of the best $20 I've spent in a while. It keeps everything organized instead of the box I used to keep it in! It's a really high quality bag as well! ImageUploadedByParacord Forum1427226166.763451.jpg

9. HardcoreSlot

HardcoreSlot Member

I use a big ammo box.

10. Ready_Cords

Ready_Cords New Member

I use a surplus USMC ILBE Assault Pack, and it works really well. The main compartment will hold 25-30 hanks of 50-100 feet each, plus a Plano 3700 StowAway box with all my hardware. Tools fit in the front pocket. It's ridiculously durable, and it goes with me anywhere.

11. sbarnhardt

sbarnhardt Genuine Certified Old F_ _ _!

Got a black cloth tool bag, 15 inch I think, from Harbor Freight. Has pockets on the inside and outside with a large open area in the middle inside. Zips closed and has carrying handles. Some where in the 12 dollar range if memory serves me correct, but on sale now for less than 10.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  12. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I got two if those bags one yellow and black and the other all black and I got both over the last two years using coupons for $5 each. I use those bags for tools and not for paracord.

13. sbarnhardt

sbarnhardt Genuine Certified Old F_ _ _!

Isn't Harbor Freight a great place for a poor boy?? lol

14. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Yes it is. I'm going there this weekend for some tie downs and some wheel chocks.

15. Baddestracer

Baddestracer New Member

Habor frieght is awesome I go there like every other weekend

16. Trab9000

Trab9000 New Member

Use the tamale method to store your cord. After wrapping it in this way, put a rubber band around it to hold it.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEcIGFffIvY[/ame]

17. bigtexprepper

bigtexprepper New Member

TAMALES ! Oh sorry there for second I was thinking of food lol!!

18. Baddestracer

Baddestracer New Member

What shade of white do you have I want to get some.... thanks in advanced