Paracord Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use a plastic grocery shopping bag to tote my cord and supplies. The scissors rip the bag and my cord is just one big ball of tangled mess. I was thinking of a plastic tote or cloth tote bag. But what should I do to keep the cord from tangling. Thanks.

Attachments

·
I'm a frayed knot...
174 Posts
I coil mine up and hold them with keepers I make from scraps:

I use cross knots to form the loops, then a two strand diamond knot in the end:

Multiple cross knots allow me to adjust the diameter to fit the hank I'm storing...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Get a plastic bin and just coil up you're extra pieces throw em all in together .I use a smaller plastic container for hardware like scissors , buckles and whatever else but it all goes in the same bin

·
2,201 Posts
I'll coil the cord into a bundle and take the ends and tie a loose knot around the bundle. I store the bundles in a cardboard box that I got when my AT&T U-Verse box and Internet was installed which was almost two years ago.

For tools and hardware I use a plastic pencil box from Walmart, Target, etc.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I use a surplus USMC ILBE Assault Pack, and it works really well. The main compartment will hold 25-30 hanks of 50-100 feet each, plus a Plano 3700 StowAway box with all my hardware. Tools fit in the front pocket. It's ridiculously durable, and it goes with me anywhere.

·
Genuine Certified Old F_ _ _!
46 Posts
Got a black cloth tool bag, 15 inch I think, from Harbor Freight. Has pockets on the inside and outside with a large open area in the middle inside. Zips closed and has carrying handles. Some where in the 12 dollar range if memory serves me correct, but on sale now for less than 10.

Attachments

·
2,201 Posts
Got a black cloth tool bag, 15 inch I think, from Harbor Freight. Has pockets on the inside and outside with a large open area in the middle inside. Zips closed and has carrying handles. Some where in the 12 dollar range if memory serves me correct, but on sale now for less than 10.
I got two if those bags one yellow and black and the other all black and I got both over the last two years using coupons for $5 each. I use those bags for tools and not for paracord.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I use a plastic grocery shopping bag to tote my cord and supplies. The scissors rip the bag and my cord is just one big ball of tangled mess. I was thinking of a plastic tote or cloth tote bag. But what should I do to keep the cord from tangling. Thanks.
What shade of white do you have I want to get some.... thanks in advanced

1 - 18 of 18 Posts