Split Face Monkey Fist ABOK 2207) Tutorial Part 1

Discussion in 'How To' started by asemery, Sep 29, 2014.

1. asemery

asemery Member

[​IMG]

A split faced monkey needs an even number of turns. In thias case I made 6 turns around my jig and took the Working End to the right.

[​IMG]

then I took the WE Under 3 strands, Over 3 strands, 3 times.

[​IMG]

Next I went Over 3, Under 3 strands 3 times

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  2. asemery

asemery Member

Split Face Monkey Fist (ABOK 2207) Tutorial Part 2

In order to keep the over under sequence correct bring the WE across the top of the knot and around the upper left hand peg of the jig.

[​IMG]

Begin Under over weaving immediately as you go down the left hand side of the knot. When you get to the top side of the knot bring the WE under 3 strands over 4 and continue the weave.

[​IMG]

After completing the under over sequence, so that you do not have 2 overs in sequence bring the WE under all 6 strands on the left hand side.

[​IMG]

When you get to the top of the knot bring the WE Over 4 Under 3 and continue the over, under sequence

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Take the MF off the jig and slowly tighten the knot. You will notice that there are 3 places where there is an extra strand that is under all 6 strands of the crossing face (see center of untightened knot photo). If you want you can make a loop of this strand by bring it up in the middle of the face as I did in the first photo (Tutorial part 1) Tony