Paracord Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Admin
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a shift knob cover I made. I took the original factory knob, and cut away the rubber. I was left with a plastic blank. I used a standard basket weave to complete it.

·
Admin
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does it slip?
No Sir, because it tapers down towards the bottom it can't slip up. I recommend anyone do this because it's super easy and looks really cool.

I am curious if anyone else has done something similar.

·
ermahgerd perrkerd
1,098 Posts
I love this idea. I have never attempted a weave like this. Any pointers? I want to try this with the extra grey 550 I have left from my sling.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Wow man that's awesome .I wish I could do that,but I have a automatic transmission and I have to press a button to shift.I might could braid my emergency brake.this forum has given me so many ideas.

·
Admin
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love this idea. I have never attempted a weave like this. Any pointers? I want to try this with the extra grey 550 I have left from my sling.
Yep. Just use glue to glue like 5 or 6 strands down the length of the shifter. Then, start at the top in the middle, and start weaving over and under the strands.

What I did was grab a length of paracord, tied a knot in the end, shoved it down in the shift knob, glued the lengths of cord, then started weaving.

I really which I would have taken pictures. Ill see if I can come up with some drawings or something.. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts