Selling bracelets w charms

Discussion in 'How To' started by knottymommy, Feb 26, 2015.

1. knottymommy

knottymommy New Member

Can you do this with team and Disney charm? Is it illegal because of trademark ?

2. bigtexprepper

bigtexprepper New Member

Not sure probably better to ask before trying try to get a hold of the trademark company

3. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I've seen plenty of licensed charms online and I'm sure probably 99% of them didn't aquire the license.

I wouldn't try it without the proper license. Getting the licensing won't be cheap or easy. Good luck.

4. Sparky_D

Sparky_D I'm a frayed knot...

My personal opinion (by no means to be construed as legal advice) is if the charms were purchased from a licensed supplier (IE, not counterfiet), then resale should not be an issue. If it were, most of the NFL/MLB/NBA/NHL/NHRA/(insert licensing agensy of choice here) merchandise on eBay, Etsy, and the like would be taken down by the sites in question. YMMV...

Generally, a "Cease and Desist" letter is sent to gain compliance with licensing issues before any legal proceedings are brought to bear. I've seen it happen to acquaintences running busineses selling replicas (IE: Airsoft and Replica Firearms or outdoor gear).

5. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Yeah but why go through the legal crap just to make a few bucks?
    So it's safer to sell non licensed charms just to be on the safe side.