Recomendation please

Discussion in 'How To' started by Delori, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Delori

Delori New Member

I'm wondering if anyone could help me out with choosing a way to wrap some handles. I have a pair of long knives that fit in the same sheath. (http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Apocalypse-Twin-Sword-Sheath/dp/B009WQ6FT8/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1445893734&sr=8-24&keywords=zombie+knife) I want to re-wrap the handles with real paracord. I bought red and black and am looking for a wrap style that will use both colors with twists or knots on one side but flatter on the other side so they will both still fit in the same sheath. The pic doesn’t show it well, but the blades lay flat together and have a plastic piece under the current wrap on opposite sides of each blade. (outside of each when together) Any thoughts on a wrap style that will work for what I want to do?

Thanks for any advice,

Delorian

2. bigtexprepper

bigtexprepper New Member

Turk's head knot is very eye pleasing and one of my favorites

3. Trab9000

Trab9000 New Member

maybe do some ring bolt hitching or coxcombing. That would probably do just what you want.

On a side note, I noticed the cord on the handle now is gutted. Are you going to have enough room between the handles when they are in the sheath to have to diameters of paracord?