Paracord Forum banner

Proper Size Cord for Knife Lanyard?

6K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  MrParacord 
#1 ·
I'm new to the hobby and new to the forum.
I have several modern folding knives, Kershaws and CRKT's, that I want to make lanyards for. Some of them have 4mm holes, some 5mm, and some 6mm. I want to push a double strand loop through the holes so I can easily remove the lanyards when I want. I don't think the 6mm holes would be a problem with 550. Can I use 550 for the 5mm holes? I thinking two strands of 550 is too much to go through a 4mm hole? Would I have to use 275 for the 4mm?

My other question is, who is a good source for lanyard beads? I'm not interested in skulls, although they seem to be the most popular. I'm mainly interested in metal, round or barrel type.

Thanks very much,
Randy

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum!

For the 6 mm holes try removing the inner strands first then try making the lanyard.

Try your local craft stores first for beads. Last year I bought a a bunch of wooden beads in a bunch of different shapes from Michael's.

If you don't see anything you like from the local stores you can try online places like eBay.

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum!

For the 6 mm holes try removing the inner strands first then try making the lanyard.

Try your local craft stores first for beads. Last year I bought a a bunch of wooden beads in a bunch of different shapes from Michael's.

If you don't see anything you like from the local stores you can try online places like eBay.
THANKS! Did some research and came to the same concussion, gut the stuff!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.