Paracord setup

Discussion in 'General Paracord Discussion' started by Baddestracer, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Baddestracer

Baddestracer New Member

I just wanted to show you my setup and see others setup in return.. can you also name thing that I can add to it..[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Baddestracer

Baddestracer New Member

I am just a 14 year old boy that loves to paracord on my free time and this is my setup so far..... After my mom gets home from work today I am going to go buy more

3. Baddestracer

Baddestracer New Member

If your have any questions about my setup just feel free to ask I have nothing to hide

4. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

That is a very nice and neat. I like how organized you have your paracord tools.

5. Baddestracer

Baddestracer New Member

Thank you is there anyway I can improve or do you have any questions Mr.Paracord?????

6. Baddestracer

Baddestracer New Member

Mr.Paracord can you send me pictures of your setup please

7. Ready_Cords

Ready_Cords New Member

There is another thread in this same forum called "Post Your Setup," where several of us have pics posted.

I never thought of using the bottles as cord dispensers. Smart.

I also keep all my hardware in a stow-away tackle box.

Nice setup.

8. Ready_Cords

Ready_Cords New Member

Also, props for using the bar clamp as a jig. Thought about doing that myself at one point. Probably one of the best ways to improvise a good jig.

9. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

In all honesty I don't really have a setup of sorts. All my paracord is bundled up after I measure it for inventory purposes and then each bundle is stored in the three cardboard boxes that my AT&T U-Verse equipment came in.

My tools are kept in a plastic pencil case like you have pictured.

Since I was selling various bracelets, keychains, etc my focus was on inventory control down to the half inch then storing it a certain way.

I keep my inventory list on my S5 and I count everything I sell/use is counted. I know how many buckles I have by color, size, and style as well as my keyrings.

10. Baddestracer

Baddestracer New Member

Wow I bet that takes a lot of time... Do you have any ideas for keeping inventory for me I need help figuring out how. I am talking to you on my galaxy tab 4 so any programs that you use I should be able to use too. I am planning on making a business to so I need all the help I can get!!!!!!! Thanks in advanced.........

11. Baddestracer

Baddestracer New Member

Yea it's a awesome jig we and my dad put it together and I can do more on it then you can on a wood jig

12. Baddestracer

Baddestracer New Member

Thanks I'll check it out and your welcome the bottle dispensers work awesome..... I use 2 litter bottles for 25 to 100 feet of paracord and after it gets below 5 feet I take it out and restock it.. it's fairly easy to make it to...

1. Get pop bottles and a box
    2. Clean bottles and peal the sticker of
    3. Make hole in cap so paranoid can go threw (for this I just use screw drivers to push threw the caps till the hole gets big enough then I clean it up with my pocket knife)
    4. Feed your paracord inside the bottle

There's also a video on YouTube for it that I just found but I didn't need it because it just came to mind... I hope this help!!!!!!!!!

13. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

The first time doing inventory takes a while but if you update your inventory as soon as you use some or resupply then it's quick and easy.

I use the free app called Color Note and I list my paracord colors first and then the total length of each color.

Next list all of your buckles according to size, style, and color and put the count next to each one.

Then list all your keyrings, beads, clasps, etc and put the count for each one.

That's it. Like I said once you add or remove anything update immediately and then you won't have to go through this long setup process.

14. Baddestracer

Baddestracer New Member

Can you send me some screen shot so Ik what to do

15. Baddestracer

Baddestracer New Member

Like this?????? Like I said before I am extremely low on paracord I couldn't go yesterday something came up......

16. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

You got the idea.

For the buckles sort them by size, style, and color.
    Example:

1/2 inch black buckle 10
    1/2 inch white buckle 14
    1 inch black whistle buckle 16
    1 inch black/orange whistle buckle 18

17. Baddestracer

Baddestracer New Member

I'd how to measure them tho

18. Baddestracer

Baddestracer New Member

********Idk how to measure them tho************

19. Baddestracer