Paracord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
ermahgerd perrkerd
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because every good forum needs a spot for members to BS and chat it up. Well, without thread jacking everything on the site. :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Weave names

Keeping in mind that I am a newbie in this hobby; when people post photos of their bracelets or whatever, may I suggest that they name the weave that they used? It sure would help beginners like myself.

·
ermahgerd perrkerd
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Keeping in mind that I am a newbie in this hobby; when people post photos of their bracelets or whatever, may I suggest that they name the weave that they used? It sure would help beginners like myself.
For sure. No harm in that. Only problem is a lot of people use different names for the same pattern. For example trilobite = ladder rack, some call king cobra a double cobra, piranha = shark tooth.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Maybe there needs to be a thread with pictures of different patterns and names where others can post what they call it? Not sure how to do that where it won't be to confusing but............. Maybe???

·
ermahgerd perrkerd
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe there needs to be a thread with pictures of different patterns and names where others can post what they call it? Not sure how to do that where it won't be to confusing but............. Maybe???
I think it is a great idea, will also help get everybody to call it by one name so it isn't confusing anymore. BTW you should start a thread just for the ladies!

·
2,201 Posts
I use the names of the knot used for my pics on my site. I'll put Cobra, King Cobra, etc. I stick generally with those names since a lot of people call them by those names.

·
ermahgerd perrkerd
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I use the names of the knot used for my pics on my site. I'll put Cobra, King Cobra, etc. I stick generally with those names since a lot of people call them by those names.
Thats good! Makes it less confusing lol

·
On permanent vacation
2,241 Posts
I hired a gardener last month, so instead of pulling out the lawn mower every week, I pull out my checkbook once a month. Much easier!

1 - 20 of 257 Posts