Paracord Belt question... not sure which forum to ask it in

Discussion in 'General Paracord Discussion' started by SouthernParacorder1, Jan 10, 2015.

1. SouthernParacorder1

SouthernParacorder1 New Member

hey guys i am wanting to make a paracord belt that i can use with a few belt buckles i have. i need a way to remove one buckle to put another in its place with out having to undo the whole belt and without having to include any screws, snaps, or rivets. any ideas?

2. silacious_d

silacious_d New Member

Thats going to be tricky. I dont think ive ever seen a woven or stitched belt that has interchangeable buckles. Ive only seen it work with a solid piece of material like leather. Youd have to attach sone sort of clip id guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Paracord Forum

3. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

To bad they don't make bigger metal shackles to try and use.

The only way I see this working right now off the top of my head is by weaving a metal or plastic side release buckle (metal would probably be best) to each end of the belt. Then attach the corresponding mate to each end when you want to change the buckle.

So to make it interchangeable you would have to sets of buckles one one belt. One set is permanently attached to the belt while the other buckle is interchangeable via being already attached together to fit to the belt buckle.

4. silacious_d

silacious_d New Member

Theres a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Paracord Forum