Night walking dog harness

Discussion in 'Completed Projects & Ideas' started by GoSlo, Nov 19, 2014.

1. GoSlo

GoSlo New Member

I've been messing around with this idea for awhile now, and I think i'm finally onto something :)

I've got an old injury I go to P/T for, and the guy I see there gave me some of the thermoplastic they use for making splints. It's super easy to work with - just dip it in boiling water for a few seconds and it becomes soft enough to cut with scissors and mold with your hands. I used it to make an "s-clip" to connect to the buckle on one side, and a headlamp on the other.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  2. GoSlo

GoSlo New Member

Here is a photo of the harness in action, and another of my dog saying "Brrr!!! stop snapping pictures and let me in! Can't you see i'm nearly naked?"

Attached Files:

3. Finweaver

Finweaver New Member

That is great, people with dogs tend to only think about themselves beeing seen in the dark. You see the dog at 10 yards or so. This is an awesome idea

4. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

That's a very nice looking and useful harness.

5. GoSlo

GoSlo New Member

I've also been looking around for a lower watt light that I could sew on. I found things that were close, but not exactly what I wanted, so finally I got fed up and made the one I wanted. (link is to video of light and how I made it)

Attached Files:

6. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Nice looking light.