New to Paraacording Product Advice

Discussion in 'General Paracord Discussion' started by mtyakker, Aug 19, 2015.

1. mtyakker

mtyakker New Member

Have done a few bracelets, first perchase was a 10 piece kit from Paracord planet. Once I reallyy started looking at the different ways of incorporatingg different buckles, and compasses it caused me to buy some toher buckles and compasses. I am not at all happy with the whistle on the buckles I have, would appreciate some advice on where to purchase one that could actually be heard if someone was out in the woods. Also, I have seen a pic of a survival bracelet with a very small compass on top with a snap close type cover. This bracelet is I believe dark brown camo and the compass appears to be brown. Anyone suggest where I might find that type of compass. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Ready_Cords

Ready_Cords New Member

The whistle buckles can be a little persnickety, with some units working better than others. You have to get your mouth on it just right, with the right amount of airflow. On the 1/2" buckles, I get the best sound if I use my finger to cover the small hole on the bottom. Larger buckles, such as 5/8" and 3/4", tend to have a better sound, but can be too large depending on your project.

I look at it this way: it's not the most awesome whistle in the world, but if it's what you have when you need it, because you're wearing it on your wrist to begin with, then it could save your life.

Can't help you with the compass, sorry.

3. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Welcome to the forum!

Can you get a pic of the compass then maybe someone here will recognize it.

4. ozrick

ozrick New Member

3 types from my collection all have flint and steel as well

Attached Files:

5. aveanders01

aveanders01 New Member

Awesome and I'm new to this