Paracord Forum banner

Net help

3K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  asemery 
#1 ·
I know how to make a basic paracord net anyone have a good link to make it a little more pretty im looking to make a decent sized one to hang like a hammock in my room to hold socks light clothing thank you

#5 ·
I am the netmaker in charge of the net making section of the pineapple knot forum
http://pineapple.myfunforum.org/index.php?c=7
There are over a dozen net making topics to explore.

There are many ways to make a net like you are describing. Here is one way.
I tied 9 loops onto a metal ring. Used a 2" wide gauge. I increased one mesh at the end of each subsequent row up to 18 meshes across. Then began to decrease one mesh down to 9 and attached to ring at other end. I next attached side cords.These side cords are a few inches shorter than the netting and give a "belly" to the netting.

#6 ·
Another approach would be the tri-hammock.

I call this a tri-hammock because of its triangular shape. It is a storage hammock designed to fit in the corner of a room. The rings at the corners fit over hooks that have already been installed. The sides of the net are 3' long. I used a doubled twine across the hypoteneuse and adjusted the mesh size and number of meshes to give the hammock a nice "belly".
Tony

#7 ·
I wished I knew about that Tri hammock before my wife bought one last year for our daughters room.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.