Monkey Fist key chain (1st Monkey Fist attempt)

Discussion in 'Completed Projects & Ideas' started by the_law_man01, Sep 17, 2016.

1. the_law_man01

the_law_man01 New Member

Pretty cut and dry. Just a monkey fist tied around a small marble. Then attached to a key ring with about 1.25-1.5" of Cobra Knot.

This was my first monkey fist. I read a tutorial, scanned through a YouTube video, then tied this.

Any comments or suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. the_law_man01

the_law_man01 New Member

OK. I stepped it up a bit for the 2nd attempt. It's kind of tough to get things straight on the bigger monkey fist.

Attached Files:

3. Wasp

Wasp New Member

Looks pretty good to me. When you tighten your material don't get in a hurry, if you try to tighten too much too fast you will bind your material and it won't set right. I think ot looks good.

4. the_law_man01

the_law_man01 New Member

Thanks. On the small one, I went through it twice. I went through the bigger one at least 3 times getting tighter each time.

5. Wasp

Wasp New Member

This is Atwood 275 cord around a 1" marble, I had to retry it twice abd the second time I went really slow working my material through. I also had to change how many wraps from eight to seven.

[​IMG]

This one is tied around a diamond knot with 550 cord and only takes a few quick times tightening.
    [​IMG]

6. the_law_man01

the_law_man01 New Member

The wife wanted a key chain. Need to get tighter with the snake knots.

Attached Files: