Looping flat disc through

Discussion in 'How To' started by mittens, Jul 10, 2016.

1. mittens

mittens New Member

Hey all,

I've made basic paracord bracelets in the past for myself to use on deployments but this one is different. Long story short, my girl lost a flat disc charm thing she had for a long time because the bracelet she kept it on sucked. Now I can't replace it necessarily, but I'm going to try and I would like to know how to get a flat disc like object with a hole in the middle incorporated onto a paracord bracelet. I found one example on the internet from a shop, but no tutorial. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

The replacement charm is about 30mm in diameter and the hole in the middle is about 11mm.

Attached Files:

2. mittens

mittens New Member

Ok, so I figured out it's a thin line bracelet, but still unsure of how to loop a washer or similar donut shaped item through the bracelet. Any ideas/help would be appreciated, thanks.

3. venatic

venatic Member

Google or YouTube "how to tie a paracord thin line bracelet". Loop the cord around one side of the charm, back into the bracelet, and then back out and around the other side. Hope that helps!

4. venatic

venatic Member

It would be the "straight" blue line going across through the washer in the above picture.

5. Ready_Cords

Ready_Cords New Member

I would recommend gutting the strand of cord that will go down the middle and secure the disc. It will really help keep down on extra bulk, and will still be plenty strong.

In a regular "thin line" style bracelet, you alternate that strand going over and under every other stitch. If you don't want that look, you can just make every stitch on top of the middle strand, so that it effectively becomes part of the core, until you get to the point where you want to incorporate the disc.

Hope that makes sense.

6. mittens

mittens New Member

Thank you so much for the replies but I'm having trouble visualizing what's going on here. Based on venatic's recommendation, I would loop the center cord on one side but I'm not sure how I could bring it back around to loop on the otherside without crossing itself?

I definitely like the idea of gutting the middle cord Ready_Cords; so when I'm incorporating the disc I make sure that the disc is on top and do the stitch underneath the disc, but how would you go about getting the line through the disc like it is pictured? It's driving me nuts because I can't figure it out and it probably doesn't help that I've hit my head one too many times lol my brain isn't exactly the greatest.

Edit: ok so I think I sorta figured it out. I put the middle cord across the top of the disc and weave. Unfortunately the disc I have has a hole that's too small so I may need to look into widening it because I just had 3-4 weaves that did not go over the top of the middle cord and it kind of looked sloppy underneath. But is that the gist of it? Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  7. venatic

venatic Member

Yes. As I said before, Google "how to add a charm to thin line Paracord bracelet"

8. Kdawg3030

Kdawg3030 New Member

If the cord will not fit in the hole you could switch the the center cord to a smaller one like 325 instead of 550

9. mittens

mittens New Member

Not to be confrontational, but I did do that and the "charm" gets me objects that aren't disc/washer shaped and attach completely differently than the example I posted.

Kdawg3030
    I just had some 5 strand nylon cord come in so I'm going to give that a try, thanks for the suggestion!