Knife?

Discussion in 'Completed Projects & Ideas' started by resq1192, Jun 4, 2015.

1. resq1192

resq1192 New Member

OK, I have a quick question. I've seen the great jobs you all have done w/paracording knife handles. My question is .... where does one order/buy one of these knives? I've been looking for one to do but all the knives I've seen out there already come with paracord wrapping on the hilts. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance for suggestions.

2. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

The knife I posted came from BudK. [​IMG]

3. Sparky_D

Sparky_D I'm a frayed knot...

Most of the inexpensive pre-wrapped knives don't use real paracord. It's generally a soft nylon cord, more like a shoelace.

I get most of my full tang blades from Amazon and eBay, whichever is cheaper.

Like these:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007PL9L66...TF8&colid=2WXES0660AZ9W&coliid=I2RLYICSX1DQRQ

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NZIYMI...TF8&colid=2WXES0660AZ9W&coliid=I3AC543ZY6Y1W6

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A7MONB8...TF8&colid=2WXES0660AZ9W&coliid=I2TZR4VI47Q2RW

4. sbarnhardt

sbarnhardt Genuine Certified Old F_ _ _!

5. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

They have a Lizard Lick towing knife. I met them last year at a sports, travel, and outdoor show. I even got their autographs.

6. sbarnhardt

Not knowing where everyone is located, it very well might be an unrealistic suggestion for a visit, but if you get the chance to be in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area of Tennessee (is that spelled right?), you ought to get yourself to the Smoky Mountain Knife Works. For those of you that don't know, it's located in Sevierville, TN which is "just" past Pigeon Forge which is just beyond Gatlinburg. Sevierville is also the birthplace of Dolly Parton. That whole area is full of things to do and see, etc. But even if you can't get "to" Smoky Mountain, go to their website and request one of their catalogs. They have a ton of stuff. It's a knife man/woman heaven.

7. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

How many times have you been there?

8. sbarnhardt

I'd be hard pressed to give you a number and be sure I was correct. I was there years ago with my first wife. Then there with my "now" wife. It's one of those things that when I'm up there I go to Smoky Mountain. Plus, I've gotten, and perused on the throne, many catalogs in the intervening times.

I'm assuming you have a reason to ask "how many times" I've been there. I'm curious to know what prompted you to ask that??

9. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I asked that because you were so clear on you directions on how to get there. That's all no real reason.

10. sbarnhardt

OK!! Pardon my paranoia!! Too much over too many years I guess.

11. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Oh okay. No problem.