King Cobra thin blue line

Discussion in 'How To' started by deppermeister, Jul 16, 2016.

1. deppermeister

deppermeister New Member

Hi all, just trying to figure this out, have the start down, just cant quite think of a way to finish the thin blue line on a double cobra, can find plenty of tutorials for a single cobra weave but none for a king, thanks a million for your help
    the attachment is an example of what Im trying to do
    King-Cobra-3.jpg

2. deppermeister

deppermeister New Member

also this is the buckle im using
    [​IMG]

3. frodo

frodo knots knots knots

google, youtube boredparacord king cobra

shawn, will hook you up

4. deppermeister

deppermeister New Member

love that youtube channel, problem is I know how to make a king cobra, just not sure how to get the blue line in there, can do it with a regular cobra just theyre not quite beefy enough for what im after :p

5. Ready_Cords

Ready_Cords New Member

I have never found a satisfactory way to incorporate a center stripe on a king cobra bracelet. The problem is that there's no good way to pull the center cord back through the stitching to the underside before you get to the end. That means you have to take it all the way to the end, and either cut it off and burn it on the outside, or pass it through the buckle to the underside. Both of those options just look kinda sloppy to me.

If you really want to do it, you'll have to work the center cord in at the end of your single cobra stitching, one or two stitches before you reach the buckle, before you turn around and start the king cobra stitch. Then the cord will be available to work over and under your king cobra stitching.

6. frodo

frodo knots knots knots

hey buddy, if you want beefy, try using 4 1/4'' cords

on the end you will finish on, have the 2 loops as shown, the inside loop about a 1/2 shorter.
    run the single strand down thru that loop, the continue 2 more cobra knots,
    then run the cords back to the single strain under your knots using your fib

hope i did not confuse you

Attached Files:

7. deppermeister

deppermeister New Member

cheers for the help guys, think your posts have given me an idea, put the blue thread through the beginning and end of the first cobra pass loose then go over under with the king cobra pass and pull the blue thread tight from the back and cut and seal, dunno if ive explained it very clearly but i think its the method ill try ill post pics to let everyone know how i get on!

8. Ready_Cords

Ready_Cords New Member

That will probably work.

9. deppermeister

deppermeister New Member

hopefully anyway ill get it started in the morning!