King cobra firestarter

Discussion in 'Completed Projects & Ideas' started by koparacord, Jun 18, 2015.

1. koparacord

koparacord New Member

ImageUploadedByParacord Forum1434647035.909035.jpg something for camping

2. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I wanted to get some of those buckles but I could never find them at a price point that I liked.

How well do they work?

3. Ready_Cords

Ready_Cords New Member

The thing I don't like about them is that they are so dang huge. Any bracelet smaller than about 9" just looks like a capital letter D. Don't know why they couldn't make it more like a 5/8 size, and contour the ends.

4. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

They probably made it wide because it was meant for a man and also because the more plastic surrounding the scraper the less likely it will break it the person wearing it fell down and hit the bracelet of something.

That's just my guess.

5. Deek550

Deek550 New Member

I have one. They should of made it more compact without the whistle. The whistle makes it longer, which gives more of that "D" shape effect. Also, you have the additional slot allowing for adjust ability depending on what you use it for.

A person can probably use it outside of a bracelet, such as: Making a lanyard using the buckle as a detach. It's flat, so it wouldn't look strange.

If you have 3/4" nylon or any type of material in that nature on something like a back-pack, you could run the nylon through the loops (may require some sewing).

Other than that, the spark works great! Just be sure you have the striker going at the right angle/side. The first few tries are going to be removing the coating.

6. Sparky_D

Sparky_D I'm a frayed knot...

Personally, I'm fine with the size of the buckle. It rests on the flat underside of my wrist and doesn't rotate.
    I've been wearing them for several months with no issues in comfort.

As for their function, they work fairly well and throw a good spark with the included scraper, but I get a better spark using the back side of my Opinel #8 Carbone blade.

I found the buckles for just under $1.00 each shipped from China on eBay. Takes at least 2 weeks to ship to me on the West coast of the US.
    They add a $3-5 premium to my bracelets when I sell them, so I still profit from them.

7. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Now that's a good price for those buckles.