Paracord Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ImageUploadedByParacord Forum1416930517.529292.jpg

Just curious, does anybody know if there is a name for this pattern?

Here is a view of the back:

ImageUploadedByParacord Forum1416930638.916111.jpg

Also, does anybody ever do branding or attach labels on their finished works? I'm using snippets of a ribbon with a paw print on it for mine, but it's pretty tedious (as well as probably not very durable) to hand-stitch it on. Does anyone have a better way? Or even an idea they've been meaning to try? I'm all about experimentation these days, and will report any findings for group knowledge.

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not familiar with that weave but one thing you could do to attach the label is make it a little longer and incorporate it into the weave itself, leaving only a bit hanging out...

It took me a couple of tries to put your suggestion into practice but I'm thrilled with the results, and wanted to share and say thanks!

ImageUploadedByParacord Forum1417537218.922020.jpg ImageUploadedByParacord Forum1417537231.579992.jpg

Attachments

·
2,201 Posts
Nice work. I like the idea if adding a label.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ImageUploadedByParacord Forum1417794317.803742.jpg

Here's another one I just finished. Still finessing the technique a bit, but anybody ever use Loctite (brand) Crafter's indoor-safe adhesive? This stuff is the best I have found! I used to use superglue or e6000 (stuff smells nasty for days), till I saw this stuff at Walmart (for like, really cheap - under $3 - cheap like I was wary it wouldn't work). I dabbed some here on the ends before I stuck the tag in, then used a clothespin to clamp it. The glue dries clear, actually absorbs into the cord fibers rather than sitting on top to gradually flake off.

Attachments

·
2,201 Posts
Nice. I'll have to look for that craters Loctite.

I have the blue one from when I was into hobby R/C and I have the one that is for indoors and out that is weatherproof.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts