Key fob - also, ideas for attaching a label?

Discussion in 'Completed Projects & Ideas' started by GoSlo, Nov 25, 2014.

1. GoSlo

GoSlo New Member

ImageUploadedByParacord Forum1416930517.529292.jpg

Just curious, does anybody know if there is a name for this pattern?

Here is a view of the back:

ImageUploadedByParacord Forum1416930638.916111.jpg

Also, does anybody ever do branding or attach labels on their finished works? I'm using snippets of a ribbon with a paw print on it for mine, but it's pretty tedious (as well as probably not very durable) to hand-stitch it on. Does anyone have a better way? Or even an idea they've been meaning to try? I'm all about experimentation these days, and will report any findings for group knowledge.

Thanks in advance :)

2. HardcoreSlot

HardcoreSlot Member

I'm not familiar with that weave but one thing you could do to attach the label is make it a little longer and incorporate it into the weave itself, leaving only a bit hanging out...

3. GoSlo

GoSlo New Member

It took me a couple of tries to put your suggestion into practice but I'm thrilled with the results, and wanted to share and say thanks!

ImageUploadedByParacord Forum1417537218.922020.jpg ImageUploadedByParacord Forum1417537231.579992.jpg

4. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Nice work. I like the idea if adding a label.

5. HardcoreSlot

HardcoreSlot Member

Looks great! glad it worked out for you!

6. GoSlo

GoSlo New Member

ImageUploadedByParacord Forum1417794317.803742.jpg

Here's another one I just finished. Still finessing the technique a bit, but anybody ever use Loctite (brand) Crafter's indoor-safe adhesive? This stuff is the best I have found! I used to use superglue or e6000 (stuff smells nasty for days), till I saw this stuff at Walmart (for like, really cheap - under $3 - cheap like I was wary it wouldn't work). I dabbed some here on the ends before I stuck the tag in, then used a clothespin to clamp it. The glue dries clear, actually absorbs into the cord fibers rather than sitting on top to gradually flake off.

7. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Nice. I'll have to look for that craters Loctite.

I have the blue one from when I was into hobby R/C and I have the one that is for indoors and out that is weatherproof.