Kershaw knife problem

Discussion in 'Knives' started by josh-o, May 10, 2016.

1. josh-o

josh-o New Member

I have a question. I have a kershaw knife that is a few years old and I just found it put up in an old drawer. It's almost stuck to where it won't open without using two hands. I loosened the main screw and the blade got crooked inside the knife. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I even tried wd40.

2. havasu

havasu On permanent vacation

I moved your post to the appropriate section for better responses.

Is the knife rusty?

3. Sparky_D

Sparky_D I'm a frayed knot...

Is it a knife with Kershaws "Speed Safe" opening? If so, the spring may have disengaged inside the handle.

4. Harlech

Harlech New Member

I would ~carefully! disassemble the knife, being aware of any small parts or springs. My preferred way to do it is to actually dissemble it in a new (not used) plastic bag. A new one doesn't have the pleats, wrinkles and holes that a used one does. This isn't rocket science, so if you have ANY mechanical skill, whatsoever, you should be able to find the problem. That being said, Kershaw will fix it, if you send it to them. They have fast turn around on their warranty service.

5. Sully

Sully New Member

I agree with Sparky_D and Harlech, take pictures of your knife as you disassemble so you know what goes where and give it a go. I have several Kershaws and have had them apart for cleaning and adjustment, no big problems putting them back together.

6. SolomonItch

SolomonItch Weaving for the Light