Keeping paracord tidy

Discussion in 'Completed Projects & Ideas' started by paracreationist, Jan 21, 2015.

1. paracreationist

paracreationist New Member

[​IMG]

So I got really annoyed at my cord always finding a way to magically knot no matter what I tried
    And all the spools out there where to big or to small
    .. so with some blank cds a glue gun and a wooden rod I worked out a way to make my own..
    Now I can see what's running low and no tangles and it takes up so much less room... These can hold up to 200m each

2. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

That's a clever idea to use blank CD's.

3. HKSlings

HKSlings New Member

I was able to get the perfect size spools from Home Depot/Lowes for free. I would go to the electrical section where they have the cable by the foot for sale. They would give me the empty spools for free since they are garbage and would be thrown out.

4. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

That's a good idea. I'll have to try and remember that the next time I'm there.

5. steven60

steven60 New Member

I've found at Home Depot and lowes if you have something in you're hand like you're gonna buy it they're more likely to give you the spools .

Sent from my iPhone using Paracord Forum

6. HKSlings

HKSlings New Member

That is true, but I have gone in to the stores, and thats all i got durring those trips. I guess it all depends on the store and how friendly the associates are.

7. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I can be very persuasive. But if that doesn't work I'll grab something before I ask about the spools. :)