Is US Made Paracord Available?

Discussion in 'Cord Types & Questions' started by sbarnhardt, May 12, 2015.

1. sbarnhardt

sbarnhardt Genuine Certified Old F_ _ _!

The title says it all. I'm going to try to teach myself to do at least some basic paracord work. There are a few things I need/want for myself and it just seems like a good thing to try to teach myself along the way. I would much prefer, if possible, to use USA made product, but a search of titles in this forum didn't return anything with those parameters in the title so I'm asking. Is it possible to buy USA made paracord and if so where? Or am I looking for something that's nonexistent? While I'm at it, tell me who some good reliable suppliers are? I was looking on Amazon at this one particular supplier, but some of the reviews didn't do much to generate a lot of confidence. So let me know someone who is good and reliable and if they happen to sell USA made material all the better.

Thanks!!

2. Deek550

Deek550 New Member

Hello,

Some reputable suppliers sell USA made Paracord. I use Amazon as a good reference for supplies. Usually, it'll state right in the listings whether or not it is American made. I believe places like Wal-Mart get their supplies from over-seas as their quality seems poor. Paracord become popular when it was mostly known as Mil-Spec, but than it soon became popular in crafting and other colors became available. Mil-Spec and Commercial grade can be made by the same manufacturers, however, the commercial grade doesn't have the same rigorous testing that is required by the US Govt but their other basic processes I believe are still used.

3. TwinSpar

TwinSpar New Member

4. bigtexprepper

bigtexprepper New Member

Check out my buddy pat paracord on Facebook he just setup a new web page called patriot paracord all his products are 100% USA made tell him frank brown sent ya!!

5. TheVanguard2015

TheVanguard2015 New Member

Check out Paracord.net. They have over 100 colors and usually ship out the same day or the following day. They only sell USA made cord and I believe most of it comes from Gladding and EL Wood. They also have some really great prices as well. and they have a wholesale site you can visit also.