I could use some advice from you guys.

Discussion in 'Cord Types & Questions' started by rmrbalm, Mar 31, 2015.

1. rmrbalm

rmrbalm New Member

to start with this is my first post here, and I like this site a lot. Good job, keep it up. OK here we with my small dilemma, I have been doing some things for a prepper store in my area, the main problem is one point slings. I use a cobra bar with a thick core about 6 to 8 strands. I got a complaint that when in use if worn with out body armer the narrow weave has a way of digging in and after a couple of hours. I am posting a pic of them, if anyone has any hints would be of a great help.[​IMG]

2. BYork

BYork New Member

You could try doing a king cobra stitch throughout or a stitch that's a little wider such as a ladder rack or a conquistador it may take more time but it will be more comfortable.

3. bigtexprepper

bigtexprepper New Member

I double that for the ladder rack very comfortable and dragons tongue does real good as well the wide dragons tongue is real popular with my customer right now[​IMG]

4. TwinSpar

TwinSpar New Member

A double soloman bar is very comfortable. It's what I run for all of my 2 point slings.

[​IMG]

5. rmrbalm

rmrbalm New Member

I want to thank all that helped out. What I ended up with was a double Solomon bar, how ever I only crossed over on the third knot to allow for more gear to be clipped or tied on. As I was dropping off the one point sling a customer came in and ordered one for him. Looks like it was done well.