Howdy from Idaho

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kythcat, Sep 4, 2016.

1. kythcat

kythcat New Member

I ran across your forum looking for something else, and thought I would stop in for a spell.

A little about me, I'm a single Mother to 5 adult kids, and a grandmother to 6 (and probably more). I've seen the paracord bracelets around, but never gave much thought to them until recently. Now I'm into making bracelets, and soon will expand to belts for 2 of my kids. I'm also working on learning how to make the monkey fists. I'm also making my own jigs, though the turks head jig eludes me, no matter how much I search for it (and understanding the directions.

2. Kdawg3030

Kdawg3030 New Member

Welcome I am from southern Idaho

3. Wasp

Wasp New Member

Hello and welcome.

The Turks Head is a little tricky to figure out, but just like the bracelets, once you do them a few times its no big deal. Watch a YouTube video or two. Really your goal when following the directions is to get the cord (over-under,over-under-over-under,over-under) at which point your cord will be right back where you started at which point you are done. If you want it wider follow your original passes until it is two cords wide and you are back at the start and your done. Personally I don't use a jig I just use my four fingers on my left hand and use my thumb to hold it in place as I work it. When you get it the width you want start working your material starting with your original cord and tighten it up to where you want it. Cut off the ends and burn and smooth them. If you want you can melt the ends together. Now if you are trying to make Turks Head bracelets with buckles, thats a whole other animal and is more advanced.

If you want a really good book which will enlighten you and give you a lot of ideas order this!! My favorite book. I plan to order the secod one soon.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0985...-+volume+1&dpPl=1&dpID=51kLb7A++6L&ref=plSrch

Good luck and show us some of your work. I love seeing other peoples projects as much as tying them. Enjoy.

Chris

4. kythcat

kythcat New Member

Wasp, that is one of the many books I want to get!!!!

As soon as a few RL things settle down, I'll post some pics.

5. Wasp

Wasp New Member