How To?? Re: Fastening Paracord Wrap To Walking Staff

Discussion in 'How To' started by sbarnhardt, Aug 4, 2015.

1. sbarnhardt

sbarnhardt Genuine Certified Old F_ _ _!

I'm making myself a walking staff to use with my Santa portrayal. On this staff, I'm thinking about wrapping a section of it, at the top, with the same paracord I'm going to use, Type 1 from Paracord Galaxy, to lace on a custom leather handgrip piece. It would be a simple wrap around the circumference for a space of, at most, 2 inches. The stick itself is an irregular shape roundish piece.

My question to you folks is this. How would you affix/fasten the paracord to the surface of the stick? I've thought about using an air powered brad nail gun with short, small diameter brads, but that would leave the brad heads visible. I've thought about some type glue/adhesive.

Do you have any suggestions for an alternative method, and if so what would it be?

My wife is advocating not doing it at all leaving the top section of the staff bare. It'll have a crystal/glass globe on the top of it.......Santa's GPS for the kids that ask. lol

Thanks from N.C.

2. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

If you tie the wrap tight enough it shouldn't slip, twist, or slide up/down.

You could try wrapping the staff with the cord damp and then dry it with a hair dryer.

If you do use an adhesive I would use Gorilla glue.