How to do lacing

Discussion in 'How To' started by john-e-clark, Jun 11, 2016.

1. john-e-clark

john-e-clark John E Clark

Is there anyone out there that can point me to a good resource for lacing? Like how to lace while weaving and how to lace after weaving?

I am wanting to get into this part now. It adds so much to the end product. Issue I have is that I do not know when to lace with the weave and when to lace after it is done, and what types of weave there is.

Thanks All.:dunno:

2. Trab9000

Trab9000 New Member

Technically, lacing is done afterwards. But to do it, you need a good lacing needle. Lacing needles come in different sizes for different size cords. What you do is get the right size needle and thread the cord into the back of it, then use the needle to lace the cord through your project.

If you don't have any needles, you might look for a set of permalok needles to start with. like this: http://extremepara.com/perma-lok-needle-kit

3. Wasp

Wasp New Member

I use Atwoods Microthread and a big eye heavy sewing needle...don't use regular small sewing needles. I put the cord through the eye and then melt it smooth to the eye so it doesn't catch as I weave.

Find some patterns onling and follow what you think is the route they took, do some experimenting and see what you come up with. Here are a few I've done recently, these are a few of my first attempts so with a little patients and imagination...even a little undoing it and doing it again, you will be on your way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]