How much

Discussion in 'Cord Types & Questions' started by ParacordPotter, Jan 8, 2015.

1. ParacordPotter

ParacordPotter New Member

Hey. I'm planning on doing some thin blue line bracelets. I am going to do Solomon knots for it. I was wondering what the conversion for how many inches long a wrist is to how many feet of paracord will be needed. TIA

2. steven60

steven60 New Member

A safe guess is about a foot of cord per inch of bracelet (8" bracelet = 8' of cord) till you get the hang of it. Most basic knots use a little less..more intricate weaves need a little more. I'd rather have a little left over than run out at the very end.. It's a pain either add to it and still
    make it look good or worse chunk the whole bracelet.

Sent from my iPhone using Paracord Forum

3. ParacordPotter

Thanks. I'm hoping to get my black paracord as well as my jig soon. Hopefully they don't take too long so I can get it going and post pics.

4. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Steven is correct. Once you get the hang of it you can reduce waste (scrap paracord).

When you make your first bracelet (ex. 8 inch wrist) measure your scrap and see how much was left over and make a note saying something like this:

For an 8 inch wrist using the Solomon bar I had "X" amount of scrap paracord left.

Write down each wrist size, scrap left over, and type of knot used along with the buckle type/size and you will in no time have hardly any scraps.

Good luck.

5. ParacordPotter

Thanks.

6. steven60

steven60 New Member

As soon as you get some paracord try weaving a few anyway...a jig makes it nice but you can make some without it

Sent from my iPhone using Paracord Forum

7. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

When I started working with paracord I never heard of a jig. Then they started appearing online and I still wasn't convinced until I made one that I knew it was a useful tool for the paracord hobby.