hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by RazorJ, Jan 26, 2015.

1. RazorJ

RazorJ New Member

new to this forum and the world of paracord projects. Hello my name is RazorJ and I am interested in doing some work with paracord and came here to see if I could get some help with an idea I would like to try.
    What drew me in here was a hex nut bracelet designed by kevin house video that I saw on youtube. I would like to make a modification to that design as I have done some work with chains. Specifically bike or motorcycle chain. I have a nice belt buckle made from a motorcycle chain and thought to replace the hex nuts with a piece of chain would make a nice accent to the buckle. Hope anyone familiar with this type of bracelet would be able to tell me if I could substitute a length of chain for the nuts or would I have to alter the knotting as well???
    Looking forward to hearing from some knowledgeable people and maybe showing a completed project gone from idea to reality! Thanks!

2. havasu

havasu On permanent vacation

Welcome to the forum!

3. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Welcome to the forum!

It's possible to use the chain in a bracelet. You would just weave it into the knot like the Solomon bar a.k.a Cobra.

Or by attach the length of chain to both ends of the bracelet by using a piece of paracord at both ends of the chain and weave those ends into the bracelet.