Hello from Northwest Arkansas (Fayetteville)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Happybone, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Happybone

Happybone New Member

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to the forum collective. I've been lurking for about a couple of months now while I've been trying to learn the nomenclature, terminology and what have you. I see that most everyone here are very eager to help out newbies and I feel that is a very important characteristic in looking to join a new forum.

I got interested in paracord crafting last June after attending a music festival that is only 15 miles from my home. It's called Wakarusa. At this festival there were many "mom & pop" vendors set up everywhere randomly just out the back of their pickup truck bed or even on the ground spread out on a blanket. There were several paracord vendors there but one in particular had some really beautiful work. (heck, call it art in some cases) Well, on the second day of the festival while I was talking to him he actually sat me down beside him and he taught me how to make a basic cobra weave, once by free hand and the second time on his homemade jig. Needless to say I was hooked.

I really enjoy it, immensely. Right now, I am mainly looking for some advice from some of you seasoned paracord vets out there and ways of how you would go about taking a pattern that was initially designed for making a bracelet out of and instead making it into a key chain fob. If there are any threads already in the forum I may have missed please feel free to point me that way.

Thanks again and I look forward to meeting you all soon,

Peace

2. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Welcome to the forum!

What design were you looking at that you would like to make into a key fob, etc?