Hello fellow paracordists!

Discussion in 'Cord Types & Questions' started by ThatdudeTak, Dec 31, 2014.

1. ThatdudeTak

ThatdudeTak New Member

I'm currently a new beginner, made my first item today to get used to the cobra weave. Item turned out great.

The issue is that I'm looking for a good all around in general pre-made jig for bracelets. So far I have found one @ close to $70.00 not including shipping.

Post some links to some good quality and long lasting pre-made ones

Also some links to a few skeleton handle fixed blades for a beginner to wrap as well as a tomahawk or a small axe/hatchet.

Thank you.

-Tak

2. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Welcome to the forum!

If you search YouTube you can find videos on how to make your own jig.

Here is a neck knife from BudK that I wrapped in the summer (2014). I have one wrapped and the other still in the box untouched.

Go to there site to see the handle of the knife but it's a very easy handle to wrap. I actually tried three different wraps before choosing the wrap in the pic.

[​IMG]

3. ThatdudeTak

ThatdudeTak New Member

Yes I was thinking of warping a neck knife, I was thinking of the black esee izula

4. steven60

steven60 New Member

An observation about neck knives and paracord .. Don't make the necklace part out of paracord .. It looks nice and goes with what you're doing but it's also very strong and hard to break .. you don't want to get choked by you're own necklace

Sent from my iPhone using Paracord Forum

5. steven60

steven60 New Member

lol mr paracord and myself on same wavelength I think I got that same knife the other week at a gun show I keep it on my dogs leash when I go for long walks with him for a backup

6. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I had a break a way barrel clasp on the paracord for the reason you mentioned but I took it off because while practicing my draw with different clothes I would some times draw to fast and the knife and sheath would come from under my shirt.

7. silacious_d

silacious_d New Member

Michaels crafts stores has a great one for 20 dollars. It comes with two different sized buckles attached, but all you have to do is unscrew and attach whatever other buckles you have as long as you have two complete buckles.

8. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

They sell jigs now? I haven't been there in a while.

9. silacious_d

silacious_d New Member

Well, they sell one. The very basic ezzy jig. Up to 12 inch and comes setup with 2 kinds of buckles.

10. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Last year I was in the process of building a travel size jig but I may just buy the one from Michael's if i like it.

11. silacious_d

silacious_d New Member

Its the only one i have but i think it rocks. Ive only come across a few buckles so far that have not fit in the clasps, but im guessing you could get larger sized cable holders at a hardware store.

12. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I've seen the same one on the Walmart site today.

13. ThatdudeTak

ThatdudeTak New Member

Oh I was going to use the necklace from dog tags in all black for the sheath chain and wrap the knife or buy the wolfpax 2 combo kit from Top, but it's costly