Hanks

Discussion in 'General Paracord Discussion' started by kolterdogs, Jul 19, 2015.

1. kolterdogs

kolterdogs New Member

What does everyone do with the left over (short) paracord they have? I have a grocery bag full of little "hanks" but not sure the best use for them.

2. Ready_Cords

Ready_Cords New Member

I use it to try out new knots and weaves, do test fittings, etc. Plus, it doesn't hurt to hang on to it. You might only need 4' of one color for a two-color bracelet. Or, make them into zipper pulls.

3. Deek550

Deek550 New Member

You only need a few inches, and you can make zipper pulls, especially easy if you have the plastic zipper pull pieces.

If you have any clear pens, you can take a few inches and remove the inner strands and use cord to make a flashy pen (it works great on some pens, others, not so much).

You don't need too many feet to make a smaller lanyards (for hanks more than 5 feet, but less than 10).

If you are good with blending two strands together (heating each end to a near liquid state and conjoining them), you can make a lot of 2-color bracelets if you have enough feet (same can probably be done for lanyards).

The possibilities are endless and more ideas by just being creative. :)

4. kolterdogs

kolterdogs New Member

Thank you, I never really thought about zipper pulls and pens!

5. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

You can't beat a keychain. Just make a small loop on the end and you won't even need a keyring.

6. HardcoreSlot

HardcoreSlot Member

I made micarta out of them.