Paracord Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
It makes everyone sick the first time. The difference is whether you liked that sick feeling. I did. Still do. I have harder time not dipping than smoking.

I use Snus, it's clean, and effective.

·
ermahgerd perrkerd
1,098 Posts
At first it was cool. Light headed feeling and buzzed. The guy I got it from was a jerk though and wanted to see me puke lol. That was the ONLY reason I didn't start up, hated getting the crap out of my teeth. Happy I never tried the little packs..

·
ermahgerd perrkerd
1,098 Posts
But they called me a sissy when I asked about them haha. I was 18 working in a machine shop with ********.. I wasn't gonna win that one..

·
Admin
4,294,967,295 Posts
First time I had dip was out shooting guns. I got so sick we had to leave. I had a cheeseburger and I felt better.

Then I had some more, and more, and more. Then I was dipping for 6 years.

·
I'm a frayed knot...
174 Posts
I tried Skoal Bandits once....

Once.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I ran a kitchen and one of my cooks asked if he could try it as we didn't have time for a cigarette break.

Evidently I had time for the "Send him home he can't stop vomiting break".

I asked him if he wanted more the next day and he just laughed.

·
545 Posts
I am a non-smoker, I have been now for 9 years. I had smoked for over 15 years. I quit about a year after my triplets were born. I still have a craving for one once in a while. I can't afford to buy a pack now. I am supprised anybody still smokes at 5 bucks a pack.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I am a non-smoker, I have been now for 9 years. I had smoked for over 15 years. I quit about a year after my triplets were born. I still have a craving for one once in a while. I can't afford to buy a pack now. I am supprised anybody still smokes at 5 bucks a pack.
$5? Try $7. It's to expensive. That was my number one reason for quitting. I was spending a few hundred dollars a month in tobacco.

·
545 Posts
$5? Try $7. It's to expensive. That was my number one reason for quitting. I was spending a few hundred dollars a month in tobacco.
5 was for the cheap ones some old lady was buying last time at the gas station, Indiana is always cheap. My Uncle is paying 10:eyebulge: up near Chicago, when he is to lazy to go for a drive.

·
ermahgerd perrkerd
1,098 Posts
I read somewhere on here or glock forum that somebody got super sick for a few weeks and they ended up quitting smoking because of it lol so I figured this fit well.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
That's how I quit the first time. I got bronchitis and was down for two weeks. I was off them for a couple of years at that point.

I'm on meds to help now. I have a hard time with the cravings a couple of months out, and it doesn't help my wife smokes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This past July 30th marked 3 years since I put them down. The quitting was a snap. The hard part was making "the decision" that I finally wanted to stop.

I enjoyed my smokes for the most part. I laid them down a couple of times for a year and another time for 3 years, over the 35+ years that I smoked.

Since stopping I've had a few cravings, but I just ignored them and they were gone in an instant. There are times when the motions I am doing or the thing, like pulling out onto the interstate, when I'll reach down to my shirt pocket for a smoke that isn't there. But the cravings have gotten less frequent and weaker as the time has gone by.

The only time I really miss smoking, is when the gnats are out.

Yesterday I was out doing the last bit of yard work, pruning back the shrubs and trees, getting it ready for the winter. There were gnats buzzing in my face, and I so wanted a cigarette to stick in my mouth to keep the gnats away. Even gnats are smart enough to stay away from cigarette smoke.

Congrats to all of you that are stopping, and good luck to those who are screwing up the courage to make "the decision". :cool:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Struggling right now. Talked to my Doc about increasing the dosage of this med. He wants to give it a full three months and if it doesn't work out I'll switch to another one.

I don't know how heroin addicts quit. If it's this hard I'm sure I would be dead by now.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts