Paracord Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many ex smokers do we have and what's the skinny on your smoking life?

I hung out with a bad crowd, started smoking when I was 12. Quit when I was 24 due to a severe bronchial infection, and was off them for a few years.

Started back up then decided to quit again a month ago.

I miss it terribly. I would smoke forever if it didn't kill me. That was my reason for stopping, well that and the fact I was spending $400 a month on smokes between the wife and I, who still smokes.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been chewing cigars trying to put the cravings at bay. I don't know what it is, but it seems this last week - 2 weeks has been really intense.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are. Smoking is an addiction, addictions aren't logical, so there's no argument for or against it that applies. You just need to know in your heart it's time to quit.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lesson learned, black and milds will fall apart in your mouth after five minutes of chewing on them. I swallowed some of the the shreds, and got a little sick to my stomach.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
It makes everyone sick the first time. The difference is whether you liked that sick feeling. I did. Still do. I have harder time not dipping than smoking.

I use Snus, it's clean, and effective.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I ran a kitchen and one of my cooks asked if he could try it as we didn't have time for a cigarette break.

Evidently I had time for the "Send him home he can't stop vomiting break".

I asked him if he wanted more the next day and he just laughed.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I am a non-smoker, I have been now for 9 years. I had smoked for over 15 years. I quit about a year after my triplets were born. I still have a craving for one once in a while. I can't afford to buy a pack now. I am supprised anybody still smokes at 5 bucks a pack.
$5? Try $7. It's to expensive. That was my number one reason for quitting. I was spending a few hundred dollars a month in tobacco.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
That's how I quit the first time. I got bronchitis and was down for two weeks. I was off them for a couple of years at that point.

I'm on meds to help now. I have a hard time with the cravings a couple of months out, and it doesn't help my wife smokes.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Struggling right now. Talked to my Doc about increasing the dosage of this med. He wants to give it a full three months and if it doesn't work out I'll switch to another one.

I don't know how heroin addicts quit. If it's this hard I'm sure I would be dead by now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts