Paracord Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wood Line Hardwood Wood stain Auto part
looking to get some feed back on a DTOM snake I recently made. Let me know what you all think.

Thanks in advance
- Hutch

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey @Hutchjr that looks awesome. I really like the intricate parts with the black paracord.

Do you have pictures of the back by chance?
The back is a bit of a mess. To make the diamond patter I used 4 pieces of black with the strands remove. Alternating through the inside core and outside weaves. Once it was sinched I cut all the excess and burned to hold so it wouldn't catch anything and unravel.

I'm sure there is a way to make it cleaner looking. I just couldn't figure out how.

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
The back is a bit of a mess. To make the diamond patter I used 4 pieces of black with the strands remove. Alternating through the inside core and outside weaves. Once it was sinched I cut all the excess and burned to hold so it wouldn't catch anything and unravel.

I'm sure there is a way to make it cleaner looking. I just couldn't figure out how.
I think it looks great for as intricate as the front is. I'm was curious as I'm always trying to improve my braids and so forth. I suspect with more practice mine will look much better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it looks great for as intricate as the front is. I'm was curious as I'm always trying to improve my braids and so forth. I suspect with more practice mine will look much better.
Thank you!

Yea I'm always trying to learn new techniques. This was my first crack at a tether for a rifle trigger guard. I usually just make bracelets or occasional cobra weave keychain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts