Paracord Forum banner

1 - 20 of 246 Posts

·
Admin
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the confessions thread. Post your confessions here. Don't worry, I'm like a priest and you're on the other side of the mesh window. ;)

Keith says he likes sundresses, but my confession is I think I enjoy them more. It must be the breeze.

·
Admin
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Confession 2. I killed a production server for 2 hours and I might lose my job over it! I guess in the world of IT you aren't allowed to make mistakes.

·
ParacordXJ?
28 Posts
Hah. Vin - I feel your pain. Ever accidentally click restart instead of logout? Yeah, in 2k8r2 they are really close together when using remote desktop.

·
Admin
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any job openings, please let me know. I just got off the phone with my systems admin. He tried to sheild me, but it didn't work. Got presidents screaming for action I guess. Funny, our load balancers and checks didn't catch the long running query that should have failed anyway. I mean, this thing was a beast for MySQL. I guess it was the perfect storm.

Don't most firings happen on Friday?

·
ParacordXJ?
28 Posts
Usually at the end of the day, yeah. I can't imagine they would let you go. What happened exactly? The fact the load balancers and system itself didn't stop that from happening shouldn't be your fault directly.

·
Admin
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Usually at the end of the day, yeah. I can't imagine they would let you go. What happened exactly? The fact the load balancers and system itself didn't stop that from happening shouldn't be your fault directly.
I agree. But the systems guys usually get off, and the front line guys get the pounding. Granted, it's not 100% my fault, after it failed I should have made sure the process wasn't running on background, but it was. I figured with the severed connection (PuTTy failed) it should have killed the query. It killed this server, but we have redundancy, so why has become such a fiasco is beyond me.

What do you do for a living David?

Confession: I liked the show Girls.
I like Showgirls tool. No one blames you for liking boobies. :D

I am a Data Analyst, with privileges. Beachin likes to call me a click monkey. Ha!

·
Administrator
460 Posts
I stopped smoking again, and I try to put on a mean face so to speak, but it's something I enjoy. I'm not a slave to it, and I very much want to go back to smoking.

That's the same attitude that has destroyed me time and again.

·
ermahgerd perrkerd
1,098 Posts
Ugh.. This will come back to bite me.. I'm currently finishing every season of Greys Anatomy.. I'm addicted.

·
Administrator
460 Posts
It's cool. My sister watches that show with all her girlfriends. I think she owns all the seasons.

When you're sitting around with your sorority sisters what do you guys munch on? Is it rice cakes?

·
ermahgerd perrkerd
1,098 Posts
It's cool. My sister watches that show with all her girlfriends. I think she owns all the seasons.

When you're sitting around with your sorority sisters what do you guys munch on? Is it rice cakes?
Lol my wife owns them all. I'm going to ignore your jabs and answer your question anyways.. Usually chips and salsa.. hahah :eek:

·
Admin
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
These are my confessions, just when I thought I said all I can say I came up with more secrets to tell you today, my confessions.

·
Administrator
460 Posts
Lol my wife owns them all. I'm going to ignore your jabs and answer your question anyways.. Usually chips and salsa.. hahah :eek:
I like chips and salsa. When you do your wife's hair is it odd she talks about boys?

Me and the girls like munching on cinnamon sticks and rainbows. Whatcha point?
No point. Carry on.

I want to buy a VW Beetle..
My Dad drives one. It's a convertible. He's 6'9" so he looks a little funny, but he loves it.

·
Admin
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My wife is awesome, she does my hair and I talk about guns. ;)
But does your wife chime in about gunz? My wife get's jealous when I get mine out of the safe at night and not hers. :D

·
2,201 Posts
I love chocolate.

1 - 20 of 246 Posts