Paracord Forum banner

cobra query

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  MrParacord 
#1 ·
How do you tie the cobra? I use two colours, I take one over the top and thread the other under and through..... basic, BUT I use the same colour to go over the top each time, which means when I get to the end I have used more of that thread than the other!

When looking at the knots they LOOK as if they have used the same amount of thread.

I have checked videos and they all seem to have the same amount of each thread left. (I used different cord for the core). So, should I be creating loops with both threads not just one?

Does this make sense?

#2 ·
Are you hiding the joint where the two colors were melted together inside by the core strands?
If so then yes you will have a little more of one color than the other left over at the end.

#6 ·
That's a nice little app for someone to have on hand as a reference of sorts. I have a Galaxy S5 so I would (if I wanted to) download that app on my iPad Touch 4G or my iPad2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.