Paracord Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2,201 Posts
I set my jig the same way Trab does. But I have tried it the other way where the buckles are up. Both ways gave me the results I wanted.

Try both ways and see if it makes a difference to you.

·
2,201 Posts
OK, thanks for the info! I was assuming the outside of the bracelet should be facing up since you need to see what your making. I should have thought about that before asking the question. I constructed my jig today except for attaching the the buckles. They should arrive in a day or two then I can get started.
Can't wait to see what you come up with.

·
2,201 Posts
I usually have the curve of the buckle facing down as it would be on the wrist. However, when I make them with that type of buckle, I always ask the person its for how they want the colors to show on the bracelet then explain that I have a flat buckle that will allow them the option to flip it over for a different look if they like.

So you can do it either way, just make sure that the bracelet is correct for the person receiving it.
My customers don't usually have a preference so I just make it to what I think looks best.

·
2,201 Posts
I tend to cater more to their preferences, however I do tell them that the first color chosen will show down the middle and the second color will line the sides, etc...etc...etc.

everything I make is custom made to the person buying it. This way I ensure a happy customer and repeat business. So far it has worked out for me.
Customer satisfaction is the number one priority.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.