Awesome basic keychain

Discussion in 'Knots, Knots, Knots' started by Gamer3900, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Gamer3900

Gamer3900 Prepper

ImageUploadedByParacord Forum1405395327.843981.jpg

I got bored one day, so I made a 4" keychain. It's camo and black cobra, and I made it loose to weeve 95 red paracord through it. Looks really nice

-Gamer3900

2. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Nice work. Nice choice of colors.

3. Gamer3900

Gamer3900 Prepper

Thanks

-Gamer3900

4. dochol54

dochol54 New Member

I need some help with starting a bracelet but havn't a clue how to start. I have 2 big roles of paracord and all kinds of accessories

5. Gamer3900

Gamer3900 Prepper

What kinda bracelet you need

-Gamer3900

6. dochol54

dochol54 New Member

Simple bracelets

Hi, I just want to start a simple bracelet and go from there. Are they just basically knots? I've watched some video's on UTube but lost, some use jigs with not explaining how to build jig. HELP

7. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

You don't need a jig to make a bracelet. The jig makes it easier to keep you knots tighter and more uniform.

When I first started making bracelets I didn't even know what a paracord jig was.
    I looked up a Cobra weave bracelet on YouTube and just copied what I saw. Since I tie tight I had the knots how I wanted them.

Search YouTube for Basic Cobra weave bracelet and you can find videos using jigs and videos without.

8. catfish

catfish New Member

On YouTube there is a guy called, MrCoop1964. He uses a jig in his tutorial, but explains real well.

9. steven60

steven60 New Member

I bet most here started by taping one end down on a flat surface,no jig at all , follow along one if the cobra weave tutorials as mrparacord suggests it's prolly the simplest

Sent from my iPhone using Paracord Forum

10. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I used my hands to hold everything but its was akward at first.
    Then I tried using the back of a chair as a anchor point.

Now I can sit on the couch and tie just using my hands but when fulfilling customers orders I use my jig.

11. steven60

steven60 New Member

Also don't get outta control and start with the most complex one lol start easy till you get the hang of using buckles or knots then weaving , where to end the knot , how to burn it without messing up you're project like i still do sometimes hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Paracord Forum

12. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Good advice for peopke that are just starting to work with paracord.

13. dcfish

dcfish New Member

Look up tying it all together or tiat on you tube, you can also go to www.fusionknots.com, the videos are really well put together, he doesnt use a jig, but he also doesnt use buckles so if thats something you would be interested in i would check him out anyways

14. tweetybird900

tweetybird900 New Member