Amish eggs and paracord.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by catfish, Dec 12, 2014.

1. catfish

catfish New Member

Driving through wellington ohio a few days ago. I see a Amish farm selling brown eggs. I stop in to buy a dozen, to my surprise, only $1.25 a dozen.
    Mr Miller had two young children out playing in the yard. I point to my paracord bracelet and ask " if his children would be able to have one for a gift. I ask you because I'm not sure if these are appropriate to wear, if not I apologize".
    He said his children would love one and appreciate it.
    As I'm giving his 2 children a bracelet. ...... I hear some more children behind me. I turn to find 6 more. Lol.
    They each pick a paracord bracelet and went running, comparing them to each other.
    The smiles on their faces were priceless.

2. havasu

havasu On permanent vacation

Good for you!

3. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

How long was you up here in Ohio?

4. catfish

catfish New Member

I was in Dayton Ohio just enough to get a good sleep and unload. Then loaded did a short run to Wellington. Ran dead head to upper Sandusky for a 8am pick up. But when I got there, they loaded me 9 hours early :). Dropped in St Charles Illinois. Got another good sleep then loaded in Franklin park Illinois to Charleston West Virginia. Then a short run to the backwoods of WV to a deep coal mine for an emergency run to deliver a air drill compressor . The to Mt Sterling Ky now sitting in Duncansville Pennsylvania since 8 am Saturday. I hope they get me a load soon to end a good pay week Monday.

5. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Your job sounds interesting.

6. catfish

catfish New Member

I like it, until I have to sit all weekend for a load. Not knowing when you get the next load is a bit troublesome ....lol

7. catfish

catfish New Member

But sitting does give me time to break out the cast iron skillet and camp stove to make a nice dinner. Sunday night was fajita night. Lol

Attached Files:

8. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

9. spykidd825

spykidd825 New Member

10. bigtexprepper

bigtexprepper New Member

I'm hungry now dang!!! Lol