A ton of help!

Discussion in 'How To' started by RTCLABS, Jun 4, 2015.

1. RTCLABS

RTCLABS New Member

Hello!

Wondering if anyone can help me get heading in the right direction on a Duck call lanyard. Google is tired of me harassing them and that’s how I found you guys and here I am…I can’t find a tutorial on line on this large round braid and I’m not exactly sure what it’s called….I’m also looking for this clip and can’t find them…but I see custom lanyard guys on line using them so I know they’re out there…I need help with transitioning form one weave to the next on a lanyard….or are they constructed as two weaves and then joined together…any in put or guidance would be greatly appreciated…I make custom duck calls as a hobby and I’ve been asked if I could supply a lanyard to match the call…so I thought I’d look into it....if there’s anyone in Michigan between Detroit and Saginaw that’s willing to help me out I’d really appreciate it!

Thanks!
    Matt

Attached Files:

2. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

Welcome to the forum!

It looks like the round braid at the top is weaved over the snake knot.

In other words the whole lanyard is made using the snake knot and the round braid is over the snake knot.

P.S I never made one before.

3. Ready_Cords

Ready_Cords New Member

4. RTCLABS

RTCLABS New Member

Thanks for the link on the clip....I stumbled across a round weave that looks like the one I have..its calls a Ground Crown sinnet...it doesn't look to difficult....I'm not sure if its as thick as what I have in front of me...time will tell....