1st Survival Bracelets.

Discussion in 'How To' started by mtyakker, Jan 3, 2015.

1. mtyakker

mtyakker New Member

Just received my first kit of Ten bracelet kits. I ordered in addition to the kit 5 whistle buckles which I am not impressed with at all in terms of the whistle, and also 4 Compases. The kits are made for the 3/8 buckles that are included with them. It looks like the whistle buckles are .5 inch which I would guess would require more Paracord. I am wandering if I should just follow the initial instructions and weave according to the kits instructions and then see if I have any material left over that would accommodate the whistle buckle that appears to be .5 inch. I am wanting to make a quality survival bracelet not only for myself but others as well. I will not mention the online retailer I purchased from, but I would appreciate any recommendations for a Quality whistle buckle. Also, I picked up a book from my local Library, it mentions that a person should pre shrink his Paracord before using. have not asked my retailer if their product was pre shrunk but what is the standard among manufacturers and retailers. Is the product normally pre shrunk or not. Any advice would be greatly appreciated in terms of getting off to a good start and doing so in the best way, with the best materials available. Thanks. mtyakker.

2. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

My supplier doesn't pre shrink and neither do I.

Did you search eBay for whistle buckles?
    I use the 1/2", 3/4", and 1" whistle buckles and they all work well with the 1" being the loudest.