Turks head trouble

Discussion in 'Knots, Knots, Knots' started by ParaBoo, Sep 11, 2014.

1. ParaBoo

ParaBoo Loving Life!

Does anyone know of any good sources with easy to follow steps for making turks head knots. I've never really been into these style knots but feel now is the time to learn. Someone said there's a book called turks head cookbook but can't find anywhere online that sells it!

2. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I've wanted to learn that knot too for a while but I thought it would be to hard with the videos I've seen.

3. ParaBoo

ParaBoo Loving Life!

Exactly the same with me. Hate learning new things from YouTube! Prefer a good book with good easy step by step instructions! I can mentally retain the info better in ma head!
    Loved the fusion ties books.... Easiest ones I've used!

4. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I learn by watching someone else do it then I can repeat it but some of those YouTube videos are just to hard to follow all the way through.

5. ParaBoo

ParaBoo Loving Life!

Just had a look on that site. Defo the best place to start. Thanks

6. chuzzio

chuzzio New Member

There is not a lot of info to find online i found the same problem. I really like the knot and its variations. But its hard to find a place that shows how to tie them well. I can do a basic turks head. But have no idea how to expand it. And i can sometimes tie a spanish ring turks head... Weirdly... Only sometimes. I made it 3 times and now i keep failing the knot.. No idea what i am doing wrong since i did make it before.

7. Trab9000

Trab9000 New Member

I learned from watching stormdrane's videos. I love how he lays things out.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFtkH_UsHrE[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzCvLT8cEME[/ame]

http://stormdrane.blogspot.com

8. chuzzio

chuzzio New Member

Ok so after trying and trying i finally mastered the spanish ring turks head. Now i am stuck on how to enlarge it to make it a double. I did see a few of stormdrane'd vids.

9. chuzzio

chuzzio New Member

My problem mainly is that i start the knot the other way around and kinda in reverse. So where you would normally end in a over 2 situation i end in a under 2 situation. Wich makes it harder to figure out how to enlarge it. I guess i will give it some more time. All the other braids, bracelets i find not that hard to make. Just not that good to wear. I only wear a turkshead bracelet. The effect that it is endless and has no buckle is awesome.

10. chuzzio

chuzzio New Member

ImageUploadedByParacord Forum1435484885.646560.jpg
    I just really like how they look.

11. badboythumper

badboythumper New Member

I learned turks head knot watching Richardb1983 on youtube.