Tri-Color Shark Jawbone Bracelet

Discussion in 'Completed Projects & Ideas' started by TwinSpar, Nov 17, 2013.

1. TwinSpar

TwinSpar New Member

I really like the way this turned out.

The core is 4 strands of international orange and the rest is finished out with black and dark multi-camo.

[​IMG]

Updated with link to a better picture

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013

2. TwinSpar

TwinSpar New Member

Thanks guys. I really like the color combo in a cobra and was trying to figure out a way to bring the 3 colors together in a jawbone weave. I didn't want to weave a de-cored orange strand through like I would do on a cobra so making the core the 3rd color was my solution.

3. paracordist

paracordist New Member

4. TwinSpar

TwinSpar New Member

Another tri-color variation. My son likes green so this was created for him. It's Moss, Olive Drab, and Neon Green.

[​IMG]

5. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

Do you have any pics from the creation process?

6. TwinSpar

TwinSpar New Member

I start by getting the core to length on the jig. In this picture, I would cut the core strands right at my thumb so that it would be just below the knot that secures the core to the buckle. I then melt in the other two colors (5 feet of each) to the core. Then it's on to making a normal shark jawbone weave. I have tried making the core wrap around to the back (all one color looping through the buckles but ultimately like the control of cutting them short and having the one buckle with all 3 colors showing on it. Look at the pics of the bracelets and you will see one buckle side with all 3 colors. The other side only has one color. Next time I make a tri-color, I'll take pics so it makes more sense.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  7. Mil_HandF

Mil_HandF New Member

Can I also assume that this is a lose woven bracelet, or did you sench them down tightly?

8. TwinSpar

TwinSpar New Member

Very tightly woven. I pull them so tight, I have to wear gloves to protect my hands.

9. TwinSpar

TwinSpar New Member

Hopefully these pics will make it a little more clear. First pic is with the 3 colors fused and ready to start knotting. In the second pic, the core has been pulled tight and the first knot made. After that it's just continuing the jawbone weave to the end of the bracelet and cut/finish.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. TwinSpar

TwinSpar New Member

A couple of color variations that I did for a relative that lives in the desert southwest. The one with the teal core was liked by them more than the orange core.

[​IMG]

11. Mil_HandF

Mil_HandF New Member

I like that blue, what color is that core?

12. TwinSpar

TwinSpar New Member

The "blue" one is teal core and desert camo with tan. The other is international orange core and desert camo with moss.

13. TwinSpar

TwinSpar New Member

Here's a bunch of 3 color shark jawbone bracelets that I have added to my personal use collection. Almost all variations of the ones previously posted here in this thread but with different color cores. My favorites are still dark multi-cam/black/orange and the desert camo/tan/teal.

[​IMG]