Straight Razors & Beards!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vin, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Vin

Vin Admin

Lets talk about our beards! But also:

I find people who use straight razors to be pretentious. I find myself to be extremely ostentatious for using the word pretentious.

Thoughts? :fear:

2. Southern_cordist

Southern_cordist Southern state of mind

[​IMG]

I find your lack of modesty disturbing

3. glock26USMC

glock26USMC New Member

I do not use a straight razor, just isn't my cup of tea :D

4. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I just use a knife. :)

5. J-Will

J-Will ermahgerd perrkerd

lol.. You wish. I use a straight razor to shape the cheekline of my beard and shape the sideburn/temple area. I get cleaner lines that way. I don't tell anybody that I use it though because of people like you Vin!!

6. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

To each his own. I hate shaving, and trimming, so once a month, like a toddler, my wife pins me down and cleans me up.

It's scheduled for tonight actually. We'll see who wins. I do know this, she can't make me take a bath.

7. J-Will

On the books for a cleaning huh.. You're trusting. My wife hates my beard, she would just chop the whole thing off..

8. Vin

Vin Admin

:D I should have put "no offense." :cheers1:

This made me LOLz.

I recently shaved all my facials, due to a need to present myself at work in a more professional manner. :2thmup:

9. J-Will

I just chopped the 4 month beard a week ago today.. I'm upset about it too. Growing it back out. I felt like I needed to look more professional as well, and to please the wife. Now my face just looks hella fat lol. Need to start a beard thread. Dirty paracord loving hippies always have beards.

10. Southern_cordist

I'm single and they don't particularly care about my beard at work as long as I keep it trimmed up. Gotta love the pool bidniz! I agree on the beard thread.

11. Shooter

Mine likes it. Without it I look ten and timid. With it I am a force to be reckoned with.

I won last night by the way, and am still super shaggy.

When I was single I went full crazy man beard so the ladies would know what to expect.

Or at least they would have had I not scared my crazy man beard. '

12. J-Will

Congrats lol. I let the neck and cheek line go for a week, and just buzzed it all down to a weeks growth last night so I can have an even starting point... I swear to you I gained 15 lbs and dropped 7 years. Can't wait for it to come back.

13. Shooter

I know the feeling. Right before we had my daughter I shaved, she's six now. She thought it was her uncle in all the baby pics (my brother) as she only knows me with a full beard.

I shaved it once to show her it was me, all she did was point and laugh....

14. Southern_cordist

I can't do the neck thing with my beard... It get so annoying and itchy. i'm already like Chewbaca...

15. J-Will

Yeah it does. Not excited about going thru that again.. Just gotta get past it

16. Shooter

It's better than shaving it.

17. J-Will

No joke. I'm already loving it again. This thread has officially turned into the beard thread. ;)

18. Shooter

It should have been from the get go.

19. Vin

Vin Admin

Say wha???

Done. :shhh:

20. J-Will

Lol that was quick. Only problem is most bearded guys cringe at the thought of a razor.. razors & beards don't mix..