Signature braid

Discussion in 'Cord Types & Questions' started by paracordist, Aug 5, 2013.

1. paracordist

paracordist New Member

I've created this thread so you can tell us a weave that you use most often ,and what your favorite braid is.one of my favorite braids has to be the(crown round sinnet.

2. Southern_cordist

Southern_cordist Southern state of mind

Personally i'm very fond of the shark jaw for bracelets. The 4 strand round braid is starting to creep up on me though..

3. J-Will

J-Will ermahgerd perrkerd

Trilobite for sure. Love the way a two tone looks.

4. Southern_cordist

Anyone do anything with the Fishtail or Sawtooth?

5. J-Will

I think the sawtooth, piranha, and sharktooth is all the same? I like the fishtail, LOVE the piranha. This what you call a sawtooth?

Attached Files:

6. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I'm starting to like the fishtail more. I made one bracelet before using the fishtail weave. I'm trying to figure out a better way to finish the ends.

7. Southern_cordist

J-Will, that is the shark jaw/pirahna tie. The sawtooth looks a lot like the fishtail to be honest. I like the color combo on that shark jaw pic though!!

8. Southern_cordist

If you figure it out let me know! I tried tucking back in and the ends always show and look bad. I don't like to "snip and singe" everything though if I can get a cleaner look

9. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

That was my exact same problem. I see a lot of fishtail bracelets made and I noticed the ends are snipped and singed. I guess that is the only way.

10. Vin

Vin Admin

Sexy! Not you, the bracelet. Let's not make this weird.

11. Southern_cordist

I have a hard time tucking the ends anyway since I keep my bracelet weaves tight so it's a pain to put a FID through... I just try to use my finger to drag some of the melted cord over the white core to hide it as much as I can if that makes sense...

12. Vin

Vin Admin

Have you ever tried knitting needles? The ones with the hook? I use a small one to pull ends through tight weaves.

13. Southern_cordist

Nope... Haven't tried that yet. I may have to! By chance, do you know who has FID's for micro cord? or how to thread with micro? I came across a few spools and can't figure out a tool to let me use it!:mad:

14. Vin

Vin Admin

I have no idea, maybe someone else does. You might be better off making your own. I have big fingers, so I haven't much tried to use the micro style cordage.

15. Southern_cordist

I want to use it to stitch into existing bracelets and key FOBs... we'll see... maybe a dulled needle will work.

16. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

What is the name of that paracord? It looks good with the white paracord.

17. J-Will

x2 on this
    Woodland Camo is what is on the label, other manufacturers woodland camo looks a little different though.

18. J-Will

Ok cool. Thanks. I guess I've never seen sawtooth then. I always called this pirahna.
    Its one of my favs. And you're lying... but it's ok.. ;) hahah It just got weird

19. Southern_cordist

You do have a purdy mouth there J-Wil... :yummy: LOL

20. J-Will

Lmfao. Noooooooooo!!!:ignore: