Selling price for gun slings and belts?

Discussion in 'General Paracord Discussion' started by ArkieParacordProducts, Jul 19, 2014.

1. ArkieParacordProducts

ArkieParacordProducts New Member

Hey guys I've started making some gun slings and some belts to sell and I'm just curious how you guys figure out what to price them at. Do you charge by the in/ft? Or set price to a certain lenght. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I've never made one before, but the same principles apply.

Take into account how much a foot of paracord cost me then multiply that by how many feet was used to make the sling (that's my cost), then how much I paid for the hardware. Again that's my cost for materials.

Then factor in your time to make one, now you have your (as I like to call it) base price.
    Once you have your base price now you can add a percent like 50%-500% to get your selling price.

Check online to see what other comparable products are selling for and adjust your price from there.

IMPORTANT: Leave your self enough margin so that if some talks you down on a product you know exactly how low you can go and still make a nice profit.

3. steven60

steven60 New Member

For gun slings and radio straps that I make I usually charge about 6 dollars per foot for something easy maybe a little more for something more complicated or one with more than two colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Paracord Forum

4. frodo

frodo Moderator

I charge $50,00 us per gun sling,

5. steven60

steven60 New Member

Nowadays I've gone up since a couple years ago ,I'm about the same 50-60 bux for a sling and again it also depends on what style is chosen