Scotch, Scotch, Scotch, here it goes down... down into my belly.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vin, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Vin

Vin Admin

I do not have many leather bound books, and my apartment actually does not smell like rich mahogany. But that's not what this thread is about.

I love Scotch. My favorites are Auchentoshan 3 Wood, 14 yr. Balvenie, Glenlivet, and Macallan. I will enjoy some Lagavulin when I feel like being a man. Mostly, those are my brands because I haven't spent over $100 on a bottle yet.

Weird part is, I have been buying blends just to drink, so I don't waste the good stuff. I bought some Clan MacGregor and I actually really like it. My go-to blend was Grants before this.

Any other Scotch guys on here? :cheers2:

2. glock26USMC

glock26USMC New Member

That's a negative here, my friend !!

3. Southern_cordist

Southern_cordist Southern state of mind

:cheers1:I stick to beer myself. I'm a homebrewer so beer comes easy in my place.

4. paracordist

paracordist New Member

I'm a DR.Pepper guy myself.

5. havasu

havasu On permanent vacation

Me, ice tea and coffee are my "go to" drinks, but put me on the water in the hot sun and Coors Light becomes my drink of choice...unless I'm driving!

6. glock26USMC

glock26USMC New Member

Mine is Miller Lite :D

7. Vin

Vin Admin

Well, geez guiz! Make me feel like an alcoholic over here. :pout:

8. J-Will

J-Will ermahgerd perrkerd

I like JD and Jose! Don't feel bad. Just never really drink. Beer is in the fridge usually.. Bud light or green grenades (mickeys)

9. paracordist

paracordist New Member

And sweet tea, I don't see how people drink iced tea.:dunno2:

10. J-Will

When I hear iced tea I automatically assume it is sweet. Around here "iced tea" is either or. Unsweetened tea is horrible. Almost as bad as coffee.. yuk.

11. havasu

First time I had sweet tea, I was on a Red Cross assignment in Louisiana. Holy crap, that stuff is way too sweet for me.

12. paracordist

paracordist New Member

Down here in Alabama the word iced tea does not exist it's either sweet or unsweetened .I remember the first time I had unsweetened tea ,i was at a jacks and I was going to get sweet tea and they had the stickers mixed up ,so I sat Down I took a sip and it tasted like lighter fluid,and you can be sure I was complaining to the employes.:ignore:

13. Nelson

Nelson New Member

What! No winos on this forum? I like a nice Portuguese Vino Verde on a hot summer day about sunset. It is slightly bubbly, (not nearly as much as Champagne) and very refreshing. A Sauvignon Blanc from the Marlborough district of New Zealand with chicken or fish, and a good California Cabernet Sauvignon with a medium rib eye steak. Chateau St. Michelle from Washington State makes a wide selection of affordable wines for everyday sipping, and I have never had one that I didn't like.:p

14. havasu

Of course, we can't leave wine out of the equation. I myself also like a good glass of Cab, but lately have changed to Menage a Trois, made by the Folie A Deux Winery, in St. Helena, Napa County, California. As it is advertised...."it is a delightful blend based on three varietals.... Zinfandel, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon."

If you haven't tried this, I guarantee you will like it. Best of all, you can purchase this at Costco for ~ $7.50 a bottle, or like me...by the case!

15. Southern_cordist

Poor Vinniepoo... Am I the only homebrewer on the site?! :confused:

16. havasu

I myself love the homebrews, but just too damn lazy to do it myself. Kudo's to you for doing so!

17. Southern_cordist

haha i'm in the swimming pool industry (wholesale) so i've been super lazy since April and haven't brewed... I still enjoy my Miller Lite though cuz I get redneck like that. :)

18. J-Will

Lmao, nothing better than getting redneck!

19. MrParacord

MrParacord Moderator

I never tried Scotch before.

20. Vin

Vin Admin

OK then.

I drink 'tea.' Just tea. Iced usually, unsweet, and awesome.

See above. I am not southern enough to enjoy sweet tea. Actually, never been a fan of sweet foods/drinks really.